The management plan is used to:
- Determine the
relative degree of hazard posed by the various asbestos containing
building material (ACBM)
- Prescribe recommended response actions and timing of those actions
- Prescribe recommended management practices
(the operations and maintenance program) for any ACBM
All management plans are required by AHERA for schools and include:
- Identification of ACBM which remains after response actions are taken
- Description of hazard assessments for all confirmed and assumed ACBM
- Recommended prevention measures and/or response actions for all identified friable ACBM
- Plan for periodically re-inspecting ACBM
- Program for informing workers and building occupants (sometimes called “Awareness Training”)
- Evaluation of resources needed to implement the management plan
- Information from the asbestos building inspection is used to generate the management plan and must be updated every 3 years.
Contact us for more information and a complimentary needs consultation.