Impact7G is a small and growing environmental consulting firm which operates locally and regionally, headquartered in Clive, IA with additional offices in Coralville and Sioux City, Iowa and Nashville, Tennessee. Impact7G strives to provide long-term value that amplifies our client’s abilities to sustain healthy growth and prosperity, now and seven generations into the future. It is our goal to be an extension of our client’s staff, all the time.
Impact7G offers a benefit package which includes completive medical, dental, vision insurance in addition to personal time off (PTO), personal wellness incentives, Long Term Disability insurance and a company 401K plan. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file. No phone calls please.
Restoration Ecologist (Coralville, Iowa)
Anticipated Start Date: March, 2021
The successful candidate will have the knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to successfully implement, develop and expand Impact7G’s existing conservation and ecological restoration related services,
including conservation planning, invasive species management, tree plantings, prairie seedings, controlled burning, and generally assist on natural areas management projects within the Natural Resources Department of Impact7G.
In addition to supporting existing services, the successful candidate will demonstrate the interest and ability to work directly with clients and the community, as well as to independently identify and pursue
business development opportunities.
Must possess or be willing to develop the interdisciplinary knowledge and interests to contribute to the total range of projects offered by Impact7G. This position will be an active contributor to restoration, wetland, and regulatory professional communities, representing Impact7G at user group meetings,
workshops, and other venues to promote the company and develop and sustain a successful natural resources program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and conduct natural areas management, restoration, and conservation activities, including:
o Invasive species management
o Herbicide application
o Tree/shrub/herbaceous plantings & seedings
o Assistance with controlled burning
- Natural areas management planning, including:
o Direct consultation with clients, identifying priorities and resources and coordination of work activities.
o Identification of restoration needs based on site conditions and/or identified goals/priorities.
o Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of natural areas and habitats.
o Development of management plans and related documentation and reporting.
- Natural Areas Business Development
o Will contribute to and/or independently prepare proposals and budgets for restoration
projects including Request for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications (RFP/RFQ).
o Network and communicate directly with prospective clients, identifying needs and marketing Impact7G services.
o Identify potential funding sources, grants, markets, or other opportunities to provide restoration services to public or private clients.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience completing natural resource conservation field work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team collaboration experience.
- Effective and concise professional writing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Independently motivated.
- Experience with Midwest habitats and ecology.
- Familiarity with common Midwest native and non-native plant species and ability to utilize botanical resources to key plants out to species level.
- Operation of mid-sized mechanical equipment such as ATVs and small engine equipment (chainsaws,brush cutters, tractor operation, etc).
- Knowledge of invasive species management techniques including herbicide application and mechanical techniques.
- Project Management and Staff Management Experience
- Vegetation and or animal surveys, qualitative and/or quantitative, especially regarding threatened and/or endangered species.
- Familiarity with Midwest landforms, habitats, and natural history.
- Experience managing projects or assisting project managers to coordinate with clients and landowners to implement ecological restoration projects and perform QA/QC
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of natural areas and/or habitats.
- Midwest threatened or endangered species, habitat requirements, and regulatory status.
- Wetland experience with maintenance, restoration techniques, and environmental lift.
- Wetland mitigation monitoring & reporting experience per federal & state requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Natural Resource: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Impact7G, an Iowa-based environmental consulting firm is seeking a part-time, on-call Archaeological Field Technician to join our growing cultural resources team at our Clive office. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with archaeological field projects throughout the Midwestern United States.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in archaeological survey and testing in varying environments and weather conditions
- Walk numerous miles over uneven terrain
- Use hand digging equipment and screens for subsurface testing
- Excavate test units and trenches
- Carry up to 50 lbs
- Compose detailed notes of conditions, field procedures, and results
- Identify historic and prehistoric artifacts in the Midwest region of the United States
- Cross-train into other disciplines to become an integrated member of Impact7Gs’ team
- Occasional overnight travel required (expenses paid by company)
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related field
- Completion of an archaeological field school or demonstrated similar experience
- Ability to use GPS units
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Midwestern and Plains archaeology
Impact7G is a growing environmental consulting firm located in Clive, Iowa with branch offices in Coralville, and Sioux City, Iowa and Nashville, Tennessee. This opportunity will be based in our Clive, Iowa office.
This role has potential to develop into full time employment for the right candidate. Full-time employees of Impact7G receives a benefit package that includes competitive medical, dental, and vison insurance, personal time off, personal wellness incentives, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, optional life insurance, and a 401k plan with company match. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Impact7G will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
- On call
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place