A small and growing environmental consulting firm is seeking a Field Technician / Drilling Assistant for our team. This person will work on a variety of projects which include environmental and geotechnical drilling, field monitoring and investigations, and hazardous materials inspections.
As a Field Technician / Drilling Assistant you will participate in a wide range of projects which may include: soil borings and monitoring well installations, conducting environmental research, collecting soil and groundwater samples, working with contractors to complete projects, and communicating with project managers. A successful applicant will perform duties as a fully-qualified professional. Assignments may involve application of computer software, including spreadsheets or word documents. You will work independently on small to medium sized projects and assist senior staff on larger projects. This position entails field sampling, data collection, field equipment operation and other field activities associated with environmental projects.
All of our team members are encouraged to devise new approaches to problems encountered and are supported to develop both professionally and personally. You will have the tools, support, direction, guidance and oversight to assist with your growth.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a high school diploma, 0-3 years’ experience, have general construction knowledge, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated reliability, maintain a strong work ethic, exhibit time management skills, be organized and detail oriented, and perform work accurately individually and in a team environment. Applicants will typically be working in the field and should anticipate atypical hours (nights and weekends) on occasion and moderate travel (50%-75%) with most travel to occur in Iowa. A positive attitude and professionalism at all times are required. Applicant must be able to pass periodic drug testing.
Preferred, but not required:
40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
Previous technical and/or field experience implementing or contributing on environmental projects
Full Job Description
A small and growing environmental consulting firm is seeking an Accountant to join our team. The firm is headquartered in Des Moines, IA with multiple offices throughout Iowa and additional offices out of state. The location for this position is at our Des Moines location (Clive). The firm offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical insurance, personal time off (PTO), personal wellness incentives, long and short-term disability insurance and a 401K retirement plan with company match. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
This position is responsible for performing the accounting and analysis for investment and derivative portfolios for our clients. This includes developing; implementing and/or maintaining one or a combination of generally accepted accounting systems. Prepare and analyze financial reports, journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing basic accounting procedures, e.g. A/R, A/P, time billing, P/R, G/L, tax payments and inventory control
- Processing payroll for the entire company
- Preparing financial statements, e.g. monthly and quarterly financial reports, weekly forecasts to Management Team summarizing current and projected financial position
- Month end and quarterly closing (e.g. balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements)
- Analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management
- Assisting Accounting Manager with annual financial and 401K audits by serving as company liaison with auditors ·
- Communicating with customers to address any past due invoices on their account
- Producing financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special Accounting projects from time to time
- Performing analysis of operations on a monthly basic Ensuring all active projects are covered by valid, binding contracts
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software and ABC general ledgers
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)