MERGE Urban Development Group develops real estate primarily in Opportunity Zones located in the Midwest. Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs) are federally designated areas that are considered economically distressed. In these areas, tax incentives are offered for development that can grow the local economy through providing housing and jobs. You can learn more about where QOZs are located and view some Frequently Asked Questions here.
MERGE sought the expertise of Impact7G’s geologists and environmental due diligence team to conduct a suite of environmental tests at numerous developments in the past several years. Impact7G has completed work at six locations, including The Common Place (Green Bay, WI), Mackson Corners (Oshkosh, WI), The North Side Yard (Stevens Point, WI), Urbane 210 (Davenport, IA), Urbane 424 (Burlington, IA), and Brio (Oshkosh, WI). Across these sites, Impact7G conducted the following due diligence tasks:
• Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
• Site Investigation Work Plans per the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Section (NR712)
• Site Investigation Reports per the WDNR RR Section (NR712)
• Remedial Action Design Reports per the WDNR RR Section (NR724)
• Remedial Action Documentation Reports (NR724)
• Soil Management Documentation and Permitting per the WDNR RR Section (NR718)
• Site Closure Modification Plans
• Construction Dewatering Stormwater Permitting
• Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) and Emerging Contaminants Evaluations
• Regulatory and Contractor Liaison Services
• Post Construction Remedial Action Performance Monitoring
Our goal in the development process is simple; remove environmental barriers that may exist at brownfields so the sites can be developed safely, efficiently, and to the economic and social benefit of the local community. MERGE’s philosophy of creating the next generation of mixed-use developments on formerly unusable land algins well with Impact7G’s mission of creating sustainable environmental solutions for generations to come.